The meeting on the night just before the Day of Love was a night of truths and was also our second speakathon event. Sibusiso Mkhabela was the Toastmaster for the evening and allowed us to understand the different aspects of “Intention Growth” throughout the event. Never one to be afraid to go through the motions of the meeting, we became working parts of the relationships between the individual members, the club and their intentional growth.
The remainder of the night was dedicated to understanding what intentional growth is with practical examples from all our seven prepared speeches:
- Cheryl Abbo who was evaluated by Reynold Mthembu
- Bradley Benoy who was evaluated by Nthabiseng Makau
- Cameron Pillay who was evaluated by Anke Stow
- Luvuyo Mqikela who was evaluated by Marc “Mr Sleek himself” Matthews
- Daniel “Daniel-son” Kakona who was evaluated by Trillionaire Yanga
- Hymne Koen who was evaluated by Kadene Gibbs
- Nomvula “Mam’Nomvula” Xayiya who was evaluated by John “the Legend” Phadima.
Cheryl Abboo was doing her Ice Breaker and had showed us the technicality that comes with shifting between radio and research all in the name of personal growth. She gave her truth and we welcomed “one step forward” in that single speech.Bradley Benoy, Cameron Pillay, Luvuyo Mqikela and Daniel “Daniel-son” Kakona have become a silent force in the “Coolest Club” movement. Participating where they can and making it a continuously conducive environment to experience intentional growth under the guidance of the veteran of the Coolest Club.
Lastly, we should take a step back to congratulate Mam’Nomvula and John “the legend” Phadima, the veterans of the club who performed on this Thursday night, because they have both come a long way and still hold a special place in all our heart at club level and district level.
Best Evaluator: Best Speaker
Kadene Gibbs Daniel “Daniel-son” Kakona